I did it! I cooked each of the recipes on my to-do list this fall! Well, the ones on my blog to-do list. My computer still has a bulging fall folder, but this list helped me prioritize. Look forward to the winter edition soon!
The Pioneer Woman can do no wrong in my book. I like her style, I like her wit, and I love her attitude. She doesn’t always use fresh herbs, she doesn’t always make her own stock, but her food is always delicious.
I’ve never made stuffing (dressing, anyone?) from scratch and when I found out it’s Ree’s favorite food on the Thanksgiving table, I was sold. Hers has to be the best.
I’ll let her show you what to do, because her step-by-step photos are to die for.
I tweaked a couple of things…
- I halved the recipe, because I don’t have to feed a ranch.
- I used a whole loaf of ciabatta bread, and left out the cornbread. I think I’m a stuffing purist.
- I only had rosemary and thyme, so that’s all I put in.
- I ended up needing about 2 ½ – 3 C chicken stock when all was said and done.
- And I tossed in some dried cranberries right before baking, because I had some to get rid of.
The result? Do you even have to ask? Ree doesn’t disappoint. Her stuffing is the perfect classic recipe, and could go in about 8 million different directions. I’m already dreaming about what kind of alcohol I can pour in to add some bold flavor next year…