One year ago today, I posted my list of awesome, which included 50 things that are awesome. I found this book at the library a month or so ago and couldn’t stop thinking about amending my list to include current awesomeness. Here goes:
1. Beautiful days when you least expect them.
3. Pinterest. That can’t be news to anyone.
4. Finding a nail color you absolutely love (see also, keeping your hands manicured). This is OPI French Quarter for your Thoughts and is brought to you by CV.
6. Alone time.
7. The bread basket at Le Pain Quotidien.
10. A Starbucks where everybody knows your name.
12. Friends. Rachel, Monica, Phoebe, Joey, Chandler, and Ross are timeless.
13. Exploring a new (to me) part of an old city.
16. Opening the sunroof for the first time after a long winter.
17. Using your passport.
19. Project Life.
20. Good olive oil.
21. Dedication to your team, no matter the weather (or, ahem, the coach).
24. Those quiet moments the morning of a holiday, before anyone else wakes up.
25. The Barefoot Contessa.
27. Sending Christmas cards.
29. Surprising people with something sweet.
32. Real campfire s’mores.
33. Spring flowers. Peonies, hyacinths, daffodils, tulips, ranunculus, anything.
34. Cast iron skillets.
35. Cherry blossoms during the one week of the year they bloom.
37. Nike Free Run +2s and new neon headbands to spice up my runs.
39. Recipes that look loved.
41. Grocery shopping and dreaming up what I’ll make all week.
42. The sound of popcorn popping, and the excitement that comes with it.
43. The ocean.
45. Wrapping gifts old school style, in the Sunday comics.
46. Saying yes to sprinkles on ice cream.
48. Instax pictures. Hi, Sous Chef Lauren!
50. 90th birthday parties.