Not a running playlist this time, but a life playlist. Spring is about opening the sunroof, rolling down the windows and belting your favorite jams. Cupcakes optional (but see below for the recipe of the one on the right).
On repeat this week:
- The Best of What’s Around – Dave Matthews (the first song you should play the second the weather smiles upon you)
- Wagon Wheel – Old Crow Medicine Show (Not Hootie. Sorry, Hootie.)
- Ho, Hey – Lennon and Maisy Stella (Yes, from Nashville)
- All My Days – Alexi Murdoch
- Get the Girl Back – Hanson (Just for you, AGOMYR)
- When Your Mind’s Made Up – The Swell Season
- Mirrors – JT (How much does this remind you of old school *Nsync?)
- Radioactive – Imagine Dragons
- Carry On – fun. (Find me a fun. song I don’t love)
While the Bailey’s cupcakes with Bailey’s buttercream I whipped up a week or so ago didn’t blow me away, there’s potential here. The thought of them, of course, began as a dream of a chocolate cupcake with clouds of frosting, and a chocolate drizzle on top. Then, also of course, time got the best of me, and they were simply a work with the box-mix you have kind of jam. So I replaced 1/2 C water in the recipe on the box with Baileys, and otherwise prepared the cupcakes as directed. I whipped two sticks of softened butter, added 4 or 5 C of powdered sugar, a pinch of kosher salt, and a tablespoon of Bailey’s and piped the icing with my favorite tip.