On our 4th anniversary…
1. I introduced myself to my husband by saying, “Oh, your last name’s Lopez? If we got married, my name would be Jennifer Lopez.” Dear readers, if you were ever planning to stop a 17 year old boy in his tracks and (6 years later) get him to propose, I suggest approaching him in a similar manner in his earliest days at college.
2. It didn’t take long before I knew. You know. The way you know about a good melon.
3. That whole thing where people tell you marriage takes work? I don’t think it’s true. It’s not always easy. But it’s never felt like work.
4. Shortly before we got married my husband and I were hanging on the couch. He looked lovingly into my eyes, and told me, “we’re going to be married for a long time.” “No, husband,” I snapped instantly. “ForEVER. We’re going to be married forEVER.” And I’m happy to report, we’re right on track.
I’m also finally on track in terms of using our slow cooker. It was a long time coming, but I realized it’s perfect for Sunday Dinners. After gathering a few Pins from a friend, I decided to make Angel Chicken first. I have no idea why it’s called Angel Chicken, but I do know that if something is made with a white wine, mushroom sauce, I’m in. This one’s a winner.
To make Angel Chicken for 4, you will need:
- 16 oz. mushrooms, sliced (any kind you like, or a combination, I used cremini)
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 T unsalted butter
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1 package dry Italian dressing seasoning (or make your own)
- 1/2 C dry white wine
Place mushrooms in bottom of slow cooker, and place chicken on top. In small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in soup, cream cheese, and seasoning and white wine, and mix till fully melted and combined. Pour sauce over chicken and mushrooms. Set slow cooker for 5 hours on low.
The one of us who never has to watch his carb intake enjoyed this with white rice, while the other of us was perfectly content with broccoli.