For a busy night.
To make The Kitchn’s spaghetti with meyer lemon, mascarpone, spinach and
hazelnuts walnuts, you will need:
- 1 Meyer lemon, zested and juiced (about 3 tablespoons juice)
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- a few grinds of fresh pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 pound spaghetti
- 5 cups (loosely packed) fresh spinach, washed, spun dry, and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped, toasted hazelnuts (but I only had walnuts)
Combine the zest, lemon juice, mascarpone, salt, pepper, and nutmeg in a bowl. Whisk to combine.
Bring a pot of water to boil and salt generously. Cook the pasta until al dente, taking it off the heat about 1 to 2 minutes before you would normally remove it. Drain, reserving about 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
Return the pasta to the pot, and set over low heat. Stir in the mascarpone sauce. Add the spinach and toss so that the spinach begins to wilt. Add about 1/4 cup of the pasta water (more if necessary) to keep the sauce fluid but not too watery. Continue to cook and toss until the spinach is cooked. Add the nuts and stir to combine. Serve immediately.