15 Things (and a recipe) on the 15th
- OMG it’s warm outside and I soak up at least 15 minutes of sunlight and Vitamin D every day, and that makes all the difference in my well-being. Is it the same for you?
- Ali posted an Instagram from one of our team meetings a while back and hashtagged it, #morningslikethese. It’s now one of my favorite hashtags to check in on.
- I am two months into a self-imposed 3 month shopping ban in which the only things I have purchased are 1) Starbucks nearly every day because, well, never mind, I don’t want to talk about it, 2) bras because I haven’t bought new ones in 2 years and when you can’t buy anything you want, you buy necessities you’ve been putting off to fill the void, and 3) two cookbooks I’ve wanted forever that were on sale for (much) less than their Amazon prices, because sometimes a deal really is that good.
- We are somewhere between taking Casa Glass of Milk to the next level (which really means pouring money into it) because we’ll be here a while longer, and doing nothing because someday soon we’ll be out of it. Stay tuned.
- The (Not So) New Girl showed me a recipe book a friend of hers put together as a wedding gift, and it was homemade and full of love, and now I’m kicking myself for not doing that for every wedding I’ve ever been to.
- I am totally hooked on Dancing with the Stars this season because my obsession with Meryl Davis did not stop after the Winter Olympics. Also, Wooden Nickels and I are going to see Derek and Juliane Hough’s show this summer.
- On Mother’s Day I re-remembered (that’s totally a thing) that my house will never be as clean as I want it to be, and I need to invite people over anyway.
- I got the most beautiful flower arrangement on Tuesday and it lasted an entire week. Miracles happen.
- “Good vibes only” seems to be a theme everywhere from blog posts to prints, and it seems like a good way to live life.
- Setting your iPhone not to vibrate, but to complete silence, makes all the difference in the world.
- Wooden Nickels is at the beach right now, I’m not, and I’m jealous.
- When I ventured into the real world a million years ago I found myself with a million notepads. After years of using them for grocery lists, to-do lists, and directions to places to which I cannot drive, I have finally made a visible dent in that pile. Now I have about half a million. Most of them aren’t even cute.
- Summer is coming, which I know because I spend an increasing part of each day of my life dreaming of froyo.
- It’s been a long time since I’ve been truly hooked on a TV show. Like, I can’t wait for the new episode, I won’t multi-task and be on my phone or computer during it, kind of thing. I miss that. What’s good? And no, I don’t want to watch Game of Thrones.
- It’s almost Friday. 🙂
To make couscous with peas and mint for 4, you will need:
- 2 C couscous
- 2 1/4 C broth or water (broth is more flavorful)
- 1 T olive oil
- 8 oz. peas (freshly shelled, though frozen will work if you don’t have the patience)
- 1 1/2 tsp. chopped mint
- salt and pepper, to taste
Bring broth to a boil, and add 1 T olive oil. Add peas, and simmer for 3-4 minutes. Remove pan from heat and add couscous. Cover with tightly-fitting lid, and set aside 5-10 minutes. Fluff couscous with fork. Transfer to serving dish and stir in mint and salt and pepper.