My running game has taken a serious hit in the last year. I’ve run about 0.5 miles in total, and it was probably while chasing after a cupcake. Or something along those lines. AGOMYR, on the other hand, has run about a zillion miles in preparation for one half marathon, and dear readers, she was crazy enough to sign up for another.
She was kind enough to point out that anyone who runs is a runner, but I’m just not sure that’s a title I can give myself this year. I haven’t been running.
But I have been going to barre. A lot. As such, I introduce to you not only a playlist for the first time in a long time, and the first barre playlist ever, but the best playlist I have ever created.
Work Hard, Barre Harder
1. Play Hard by David Guetta (feat. Ne-Yo&Akon)
2. You’ve Got the Love by Florence & the Machine
3. Masterpiece by Jessie J
4. Uptown Funk by Mark Ronson (feat Bruno Mars)
5. Prayer in C (Robin Schulz Radio Edit) by Robin Schulz & Lilly Wood & The Prick)
6. Bang Bang by Jessie J, Ariana Grande, & Nicky Minaj
7. Geronimo by Sheppard
8. Shake it Off by Taylor Swift
9. Daft Punk by Pentatonix
10. We Are Here by Alicia Keys
11. Lips Are Movin by Meghan Trainor
12. Sugar by Maroon 5
13. Ghost by Ella Henderson
14. Incredible by Celine Dion and Ne-Yo
15. Higher Love by Steve Winwood
16. Piece of Me by Britney Spears
17. Lose Control by Missy Elliott (feat Ciara & Fat Man Scoop)
18. Heroes (we could be) by Alesso (feat. Tove Lo)
19. I Choose You by Sara Bareilles
20. How Long Will I Love You by Ellie Goulding
21. Bye Bye Bye by ‘N Sync
*Though I did try it on a beach run, and it wasn’t the best for that. On the drive to the beach? It was perfection.