Dear readers, I hope you have the most wonderful Thanksgivings ever! I am so thankful for those of you who come visit and spend time with me online. Some of you have been here since the very beginning, over 8 years ago. Wow.
(Did I tell you all I made this pumpkin skillet cobbler for a recent Sunday dinner? Mine didn’t look nearly as beautiful, and I’d cut the flour topping by half, but I loved this, and will happily make it again around Christmas time.)
Let’s share some random stuff in hopes that spilling it here helps us move on and focus on the most important things this week – THANKSGIVING. Dear readers, tell me what’s in your heads right now in the comments.
- Oh man, the holidays are here. Despite the internet announcing their presence for the past month, they’ve still sort of surprised me by being here already. And I am clinging to what little sanity I have, but dear readers, I have to tell you. The one thing I miss most about being childless is the ability to drop everything and do nothing for hours on end. Oh, sure, there was a full time job, and volunteer commitments, and cleaning the house, and whatever. But here and there, you’d better believe there were little spots on the calendar with nothing going on. I miss that life, and the endless YouTube binges it brought with it.
- I’ve started 4 books recently and put them all down before finishing. It’s not because I don’t like them – they’ve been great. (Though one has been incredibly emotionally intense, and I needed a break.) I always do this – it’s the weirdest. I found two books I had started but not finished the other day on my library’s used book shelf, and I brought them both home with me.
- Speaking of books, Anne and Leigh have been doing some super fun bookstagram things with Little Free Libraries, and I’m loving it. We have a couple in the next neighborhood over, and it’s making me want to take a big walk in the stroller to see what they’ve got, and maybe leave a book or two as well.
- We got this Bose speaker for our main level of the house recently. (After we renovated our basement, the soundbar that went with the TV got booted downstairs, and with it went my ability to play music or listen to podcasts on anything other than my phone.) I love it.
- Our house is in a state of re-shuffling and that’s left the room we used as an office (except really, we rarely event set foot in that room) almost empty. So. Part of me sees that and thinks, we need to put things in that room because usually rooms have things in them, and the other part thinks we should wait and finish a couple spaces we use more frequently before we fill it. I don’t want to fill it just to fill it, you know?
- I need to go to Costco. There is never a good time to go to Costco.
- Trying super hard to make healthy choices right now. Holy moly is my life different now than it was before Gooplet came on the scene. Since going to barre 4 times a week isn’t feasible right now, I decided I cannot beat myself up about that. It simply is what it is right now. Instead, I’ve got to focus on what I can do, which for today, is drinking tons of water, and eating fewer snacks between meals. Let’s hope I can stay strong on that aforementioned Costco trip.