Oh man, does it ever feel like I’m coming off a month where the biggest win is that we survived. Looking forward to a laid-back summer.
- mailed birthday cards
- ordered a ton of new art for the walls
- moved some furniture to change the layout of our first floor
- painted the screened porch ceiling blue
- got an estimate for finishing the basement
- cleared more clutter out of the house
- spent tons of time outdoors
- got a pedicure and my hair done
- found a new brewery we love
Taking a quick step away from talking about meal planning to share the biggest wins of April, 2017. Cheers, dear readers.
- Documented a week in our lives.
- Took a family photo with the 3 of us.
- Planned a church dinner for 45!
- Ordered furniture I’ve wanted for 2 years.
- Hosted family a couple of times.
- Brought a new mom dinner.
- Baked a lot.
- Made our own spring break.
March came in like a lion, and I’m pretty sure it went out like one too. Spring is here, Gooplet is one, insert comment about how quickly time passes here.
- Gooplet turned 1!
- Made him a birthday cake.
- We went to the zoo!
- Started a new Sunday dinner tradition.
- Started “Salad Fridays” (on a Tuesday), and I really hope you’re going to hear more about it here soon.
- Took a road trip home to PA to visit my fam.
- Sent some cards to people to mark any number of life events (mostly on time-ish).
- Started Whole 30, and have kept on track for the most part.
- Finally got the wheels going in terms of getting new windows (in the old part of the house).
- Read. Every day.
- Had two unscheduled weekends – filled with nothing but fun visits with friends and family.
- Managed to not only enjoy brunch with Cari Faye, but get next month’s date on the calendar.
- Hung pictures on the wall.
- Got out of the house to see a play. And get my toes done. And my hair.
- Hosted overnight guests two weekends in a row.
- Switched a lot of boring life items (toothbrushes, toilet paper, detergent, etc.) over to Amazon’s subscribe and save program.
- Started some holiday traditions, and kept old ones going.
- Bought and ate a metric ton of champagne gummi bears.
- Read a book in three days.
November Wins//October Wins//September Wins
Why yes, we are almost finished with December, but there is absolutely no way I am skipping celebrating November’s wins.
- Hosting a soiree at Casa Glass of Milk in honor of AGOMYR. Love her.
- Organizing a group effort for a homeless dinner, and celebrating said dinner with a pizza party of our own.
- Giving a new family a couple of freezer meals.
- Remembering to drink water before coffee.
- Making it to a cocktail party!
- Bringing Gooplet to his first basketball game.
- Cooking Thanksgiving dinner with a baby underfoot.
October Wins//September Wins
After listening to Elise’s recent podcast about how she uses her Get to Work Book, I am on board to celebrate each month’s wins. Her planner leaves a space for this*, and she explains why in her podcast:
“Sometimes our months pass in such a blur that we forget to celebrate these important wins. It often feels like there is so much left on my plate, that I don’t even think about it; I don’t even think about what’s been done.”
- Broke out my duck boots for the first time
- Got plans in motion to host people at La Moneda for the first time in months
- Ordered paper invitations for said event (Paperless Post forever)
- Sent care packages to a handful of people I adore
- Switched out my closet and Gooplet’s closet for cooler weather, and sent another huge bag off to ThredUp
- Deep cleaned a bunch of things that were long overdue
- Read 8 books!
*Elise also leaves a space for things you need to let go of at the end of every month, but that’s another post entirely.